Charlie's Soap - Laundry Powder 1.2kg
or make 4 interest-free payments of $6.00 AUD fortnightly with More info
Charlie's Soap Laundry Powder is a truly revolutionary approach to cleaning your home laundry. You actually Detox your laundry!
Originally developed for use in textile quality control labs, it is formulated to work specifically with any fabric and clean all the way to the fibre.
Charlie's Soap Laundry Powder is a a white, scent-free powder that cleans thoroughly and rinses completely. It is residue-free and leaves nothing behind but the sweet smell of clean.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Charlie's Soap:
- Biodegradable and safer for the environment.
- Safe for septic systems.
- Only 1 Tablespoons per large load! it even dissolves in cold water.
- Safe for both front and top loaders.
- Removes residues from your previous detergent.
- Softeners are not recommended or needed. There's nothing softer than really clean clothes.
- Safe and effective for all fabrics, including silk, wool, linen, cotton and high-tech micro fibers.
- Contains no clays, dyes, phosphates, ultraviolet brighteners or perfumes.
- Will not fade your colours.
- Removes entrapped odours from athletic wear.
- The best choice for Modern Cloth Nappies (MCN).
- NATURAL MINERAL INGREDIENTS: Sodium carbonate, sodium metasilicate (rinse aid formed by heating a mixture of sand and sodium carbonate)
- BIODEGRADABLE INGREDIENTS: C12-15, Pareth-2 (Vegetable and mineral sourced surfactants)
You wont find any...
Detoxifying your Washing Machine Instructions
Charlie’s Soap cleans deeply and rinses completely residue free. Over the course of a few washes, Charlie’s Soap will remove all these unwanted residues and toxins to effectively detoxify your clothes and your machine as it cleans. Once those residues are gone, you may wonder just how you ever got by without Charlie’s Soap!
Click on this video to find out why you need to prepare your washing machine before you use Charlies Soap!
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
- Follow all care instructions on your garments.
- Charlie’s Soap is safe for all fabrics that can be safely washed with detergent and water.
- Colourfast garments will not excessively bleed or fade, but you may want to test first.
Run a large/heavy empty load with two doses of Charlie's Soap Laundry Liquid or Laundry Powder and a few old rags to wash out your washing machine of any residue left by other detergents.
Garments require a few washings for Charlie’s Soap to safely and effectively detox them. Once this is done your clothing will look amazing! You don't have to do this all at once.
- The first time you wash your clothes in Charlie’s Soap, you may smell, feel and see old detergent residues bubbling out of your clothes. This is normal.
- It may take three to five washes before those old residues are fully removed and you notice the long lasting benefits of Charlie’s Soap for Laundry – low suds, softer clothes, clean scent. When in doubt, rewash to completely detox.
- For an idea of what your laundry will eventually look like, wash a load of bath towels three consecutive times.
- If you have hard water, consider adding Charlie’s Soap Booster to your wash
Can I use Neatspiration Oils to scent my washing?
Is Charlie's Soap a "detergent"or a real "soap?"
Charlie's Soap is a blend of natural-based surfactants (detergents) derived from coconut and mineral oils, salts and water (Laundry Liquid) or pure washing soda (Laundry Powder).
Real soaps are made from heating a variety of oils treated with caustic soda (lye) or pot ash. Real soaps do not bind to water very well and thus have a tendency to leave a residue.
There is a good reason that it is called Charlie's Soap and not Charlie's Detergent. Almost 40 years ago, the product was first created for the textile industry. It worked so well that workers in the plants started stealing it. Everyone in the textile plants knew Charlie Sutherland, Sr. They started calling it Charlie's "soap," not knowing the chemical difference between soaps and detergents. Charlie Sutherland, Jr. actually created the product, but it's not his name on the bottle.
After years of trying to name the product everything under the sun, the name "Charlie's Soap" just stuck.
Does Charlie’s Soap test on animals?
We have not performed any in-house nor paid for any animal testing of our products.
To the best of our knowledge and sources of information, none of our raw materials have been tested on animals either.
Can you prove your product works?
Not only have they had years of industry field tests, but our formulas have been tested by a third-party proving that they do work (SGS US Testing Labs). They have also been certified to have a low environmental impact (Japan Food Research Labs and Situ Biosciences, LLC).
Recently, Green Seal performed a product evaluation on our line for Whole Foods. We obtained a yellow rating for Whole Foods’ nationally acclaimed Eco Scale Program. All of these accolades have been achieved with simple, yet innovative science.
Are there any chemicals in Charlies Soap?'
Zero incidental ingredients!!!Many other "green" detergents use extra chemicals to augment their cleaning agents. These are things such as (but are not limited to): oleic acid, sodium hydroxide, boric acid, protease and amylase, glycerin, calcium chloride, sodium chloride, citric acid, methylisothiazolinone and benzisothiazolinone … you get the idea.
Charlie's Soap contains and needs NONE of these chemicals nor chemicals like them: no baking soda, no zeolites, no fragrances, no bleach, no anti-foaming agents, no essential oils, no thickening agents, and no enzymes.
Charlie’s Soap stands on its simple formula for superior cleaning and safety.
Is Charlies Soap Septic/Gray Water friendly?
Yes! Charlie’s Soap is highly biodegradable. Therefore, you can use it for gray water irrigation. Use soaker hoses, not sprinklers.
I have hard water...what do I do?
If you have hard water, add ½ tbsp of Charlie’s Soap Booster to each wash to prevent and slowly remove scale. Other water softeners like Borax and washing soda also help a little. Water hardness can change with the weather.
Can I use Charlie’s Soap with other cleaners and detergents?
If you add other detergents to Charlie’s Soap, chances are you will make a lot of suds while the two battle it out, but your clothes and surfaces will not come clean.
But there are a few products you CAN add to Charlie’s Soap: You can add 1 tsp chlorine bleach, or 1 tsp oxygen bleach (Sodium percarbonate) to your wash cycle.
How do you clean REALLY stubborn stains?
First try Charlie’s Soap Laundry Pre-Spray.
- Spray the stain as soon as you notice it
- Rub the liquid into the stain.
- Let that sit for 30 minutes or longer. It’s okay if it dries. You may see the stain spread. This is normal. It means the stain has separated from the garment.
- Wash garment according to care instructions.
- Take care not to dry the garment until you know the stain is gone.
If that doesn’t work, try repeating the process. But this time with a bit more vigor…
- Use more Pre-Spray and agitate longer
- Let it sit longer
- When you go to wash the garment, double the dose of Charlie’s Soap
- Add the Booster
- And if it’s a light colored garment, add Sodium percarbonate
And if THAT doesn’t work …
- Find an appropriately sized bucket. Fill it with water. Add at least 4 doses of Charlie’s Soap for Laundry. The more Charlie’s, the more effective the soak.
- Cover the bucket to prevent evaporation and leave it overnight. We have soaked items for weeks. Charlie’s Soap only goes after the stain, not the garment.
- After soaking, dump the contents into the washer and run two cycles with NO soap.
AND IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, we’ll sell you a pair of scissors to cut the stain out. Because with a stain that far gone, nothing short of damage to the garment is going to get it out.
How do you brighten whites?
To brighten whites, add 2 tbsp of Sodium percarbonate. Regular chlorine bleach works, too.
Is Charlies Soap colour fast?
Yes!! Charlie’s Soap is safe for colours, but do follow your garments’ care instructions. If a garment says it is not colorfast, it may bleed or fade.
Do I need fabric softener?
Most clothes are naturally soft. The more you use Charlie’s Soap, the more your garments’ characteristics shine. You shouldn’t need fabric softener.
Do you have a MDSS?
Yes!!! Please click here.